This award comes with instructions to include a link back to the award-giver, share 7 fun tidbits about myself, and to pass it on to 15 newly found blogs. The first step is easy...but the rest? GROAN..... You see, I'm the paradoxical blogger - I don't really like to share stuff about myself. If you don't believe me, click on the 'About Me' link in the top corner. There's nothing there! But in honour of the award, I guess I should make an effort, so here goes:
1. My husband & I romanticize about moving somewhere remote where we can live off the land and off the grid. I've even researched composting toilets - and humanure!
2. And on that subject - one of my favorite gifts ever was the Mother's Day my kids arranged for a truckload of manure to be dumped in our driveway. I guess they had tired of hearing me complain about my crappy clay soil.
3. Which leads me to my next point (hey, this is easier than I expected!) - I love to garden. My passion is for native flowers, trees and shrubs - especially Canadian woodland plants.
4. I am in love with the Canadian wilderness and I tried pass this love on to my kids, which meant we spent many vacations camping, canoeing and hiking.
5. You may have guessed by now - I'm a tree hugger. I compost my kitchen scraps, recycle EVERYTHING, use re-usable canvas shopping bags, buy phosphate-free laundry soap and environmentally friendly cleaners, use energy-saving appliances and light bulbs, drive a fuel-efficient car, AND my new carpet is made from re-cycled water bottles. Oh - and I sail. Does that count?
6. I sail! Last year, without any real experience, my husband & I bought a sailboat and taught ourselves to sail. We keep The Interlude (good name, right?) on Lake Huron, one of the Great Lakes.
7. For my birthday, my husband bought me an inflatable life jacket. Yup, he did! And I love it!
And now on to forwarding the award on to 15 newly found blogs. This isn't easy either, as I've only been at this for a couple of months, so EVERY blog is newly found to me. And also, I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling by leaving them out. It feels a little like being named captain in gym class and having to pick your team one member at a time - I inevitably felt miserable for the person picked last. So...in no particular order and with sincere apologies for all the worthy blogs I left out, here's 10 (yes, I know - I copped out) of the most brilliant, witty & creative blogs that you absolutely MUST subscribe to:
1. Attack of the Red Neck Mommy
2. Okay, Fine, Dammit
3. Pearl, Why You Little...
5. Sara in Le Petit Village
6. She Just Walks Around With It
7. Anne Dickens | The Day After Yesterday
8. PAMO BLOG
9. Facing 50 With Humour