2011-01-11

Food, Wine and Song

As the theme of my blog is "Sharing Perks & Pleasures" I feel required to share with you one of my very favorite pleasures: sipping a glass of red wine (preferably a Valpolicella) and listening to some great music while preparing dinner.  Most evenings, my cooking involves simply heating ready-made foods or warming up left-overs - you know - something quick & easy to prepare.  But once or twice a week I turn on some vintage jazz and go all out - peeling, chopping, sauteing, stirring and (most importantly) sipping wine.

The dilemma I have with this blog is that when it comes to sharing a taste sensation with you, we're several steps removed.  For instance, in order to share some vintage jazz with you, I just attach a link.



You click on the link and 'Ta Da!' you're listening to my song.  It's the same with any photos I share with you.  It's instant gratification. 


But sharing a taste?  That requires a fair amount of commitment from you.  You need to buy the ingredients, follow the recipe, and cook the food in order to share the flavour with me.  Is any one of my readers that committed to sharing my pleasures?  I doubt it, but just in case someone wants to prove me wrong, I've attached a link to a favorite pasta recipe.  It has all of my personal requirements - vegetables to chop, a sauce to stir, and it tastes great with red wine.  Plus it's easy to make.  But if cooking just isn't your thing, at least open a bottle of wine, pour yourself a glass, sit back, and enjoy listening to Ella Fitzgerald create some magic. Cheers!



2 comments:

  1. I love the same thing. The wine, cooking, music. I try to also have at least one night a week where I do a recipe that is a little more involved. Hmmm, I think I need to plan for some wine and cooking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds pretty yummy, a lot of positive reviews, and is so much easier to do than many of my endeavors. I'll be trying it soon. I usually like a glass of what ever wine I am cooking with. I always love music playing.

    ReplyDelete